The goal of the Committee is to involve constituents of Mansfield Independent School District in evaluating the district’s projected growth and other aging and evolving facility needs in order to continue to make MISD a GREAT place to live, learn and teach.
The purpose of the Committee is to provide facility and equipment recommendations to Mansfield ISD Board of Trustees after having studied a district-wide facilities assessment, enrollment projections, financial data, results of a community survey, and other data relevant in creating and maintaining learning environments that provide all students with great opportunities for success.
The Committee shall:
• Consider the educational needs of all students and align with the district’s mission, vision and goals
• Represent the entire community, its values and perceptions in the facility planning process
• Assess and prioritize the district’s current and long-term facility needs, including, but not limited to:
• District growth and capacity
• Building age, safety and condition
• Evolving educational delivery and programs
• Consider the district’s current financial position and funding methods to develop a recommendation that is fiscally sound
• Report their findings to the Board of Trustees including recommendations as to how to proceed with addressing the district’s growth and facility needs
The Committee is comprised of individuals from the community who represent the diversity and multifaceted interests within Mansfield ISD, including parents, grandparents and non-parents, teachers and district staff, community leaders, business owners and more.
Committee Chairpersons were selected to lead the committee process, assist with facilitation of meetings and represent the committee in its recommendations to the Board of Trustees. District staff members and district consultants will aid the Committee and serve as information providers.
Committee members convened for 10 meetings over the span of six months to collectively study and prioritize MISD's facility needs and come to consensus on the best recommendation to be delivered to the Board of Trustees.
© Mansfield ISD 2016